Thursday, March 15, 2007

-- a walk to remember --

Good Morning,


Allow me to begin today with a story. Last week my school was on a weeklong break [spring break]. Instead of going home for a week, I decided to stay at school. One may imagine that this would be exciting and filled with fun, but I was one of two people to stay for the entire break. I spent nine days by myself, which set my time schedule way off. I had to reason stay up late, nor a reason to wake up early. By the end of spring break I was waking up every day at five in the morning.


I have been stuck to this schedule this past week, and it couldn’t be more enjoyable. Every morning at 07:00 I go for a quarter mile walk to the cafeteria [to get breakfast]. Along the way I saw beautiful spring trees, blooming flowers, green grass, bird chirping, and morning dew. Beauty was everywhere around me for fifteen minutes. I ate my breakfast smiling.


Walking back to my dormitory I reflected on the art which is scenery. I realized that no matter how stressed you are talking a short walk will always clear your mind. Furthermore, no matter where you live make sure you have a place to take a step away from everything.


Enjoy your day,


David L. Bowman

2 comments:

li ang (lyonweiqi) said...

nice article

ang

Unknown said...

A few weeks ago, I have started first thing in the morning, and it is very enjoyable. I agree with you that it clears the mind and sets up for a good day.

NannyOgg